A souvenir spoon is a uniquely designed decorative spoon. These spoons are usually collected for their unique designs and royal artistry. So, what to do with souvenir spoons?
You can hang the souvenir spoons on the wall as a decoration, place them in frames around the house, create a spoon collection by hanging them from a tree or a string, or you could even make an art project by painting the spoons with acrylic paint. You could use these spoons to create jewelry too.
Let’s now talk about this in detail.
9 Things You Can Do With Souvenir Spoons
There are numerous things that you can do with souvenir spoons.
Given below are some ideas to use your souvenir spoons:
- Jewelry: You can use your souvenir spoon collection for making jewelry. Various jewelry artists make exquisite jewelry with the help of their souvenir spoons and some other gems. For making spoon jewelry, all you have to do is to cut the piece of the spoon that you want and join it with a small ring. After joining five to six pieces of spoons, you can create a necklace or a bracelet for yourself. Spoon jewelry is trendy and is usually worn by passionate artists and commoners.
- Wall hanging: If you want to decorate your walls to create an artistic vibe at your place, you can make a beautiful wall hanging with souvenir spoons. A spoon wall hanging is incredibly popular at various places and is used by many people to decorate their walls during festive seasons. It makes the room look creative and artistic. To create a spoon wall hanging, all you need to do is connect the spoons with multiple rings. You can also add some pearls to make it unique and exquisite.
- Kitchen decoration: Everyone likes to decorate their kitchen with some beautiful art pieces, like a wall hanging, souvenir showpieces, etc. If you want to go all out for your kitchen decor, you can hang these souvenir spoons in your kitchen to make it look more accessorized and rich. Decorating your kitchen with such creative pieces can help you show off your artistic skills.
- Showpiece: You can also decorate your guest room, hallway, or bedroom with various spoon-made showpieces. A souvenir showpiece is primarily used for decorating purposes. All you have to do is add some gems or pearls to your souvenir spoons and put all of them together on the center table. You can decorate the table in various ways, such as putting all the spoons on the table in an unorganized form or an organized form.
- Chandeliers: Another way that you can use souvenir spoons is by making chandeliers for your dining room or guest rooms. Making a chandelier with a souvenir spoon is incredibly easy and trouble-free. All you have to do is take a bunch of spoons and connect them with each other using a common chain. Finally, attach a hook on the top of the common chain and hang it in your kitchen or guest room. This chandelier can be a perfect center of attraction for your parties and gossip meetups.
- Keychains: You can also make keychains with souvenir spoons. Making a keychain with spoons is very easy yet unique. For making a keychain out of a souvenir spoon, all you have to do is cut the broad part of the spoon and attach a ring chain to it. Once you are done connecting the spoon with a chain, you can show it off to all your friends. You can keep these keychains as mementos or give them away to loved ones.
- Token of Appreciation: The souvenir spoons can also be used as tokens of appreciation. You can show off your skills or impressive wins by hanging the souvenir spoons on your wall, food cafe, or restaurant. Moreover, you can also magnify the beauty of a place by placing multiple souvenir spoons in one place.
Recommended Further Reading:
- What Pans Do Professional Chefs Use? (Including Michelin Chefs)
- Do Baking Pans Have Teflon? (Why + How To Tell If A Pan Has Teflon)
- Do Pans Smoke? (How To Stops Pans From Smoking?)
Are Souvenir Spoons Food Safe?
As we all know by now, a souvenir spoon is primarily used as a token of appreciation or as a souvenir.
It is pretty clear that the souvenir spoons are not to be used for food.
These spoons are usually treated as showpieces or as tokens of appreciation.
A majority of the people choose to hang these souvenir spoons on the wall or keep them in their house as a precious decoration.
However, if you really want to use these souvenir spoons for serving food, you can use them after sterilizing them properly.
You can sterilize the souvenir spoons with a good dish wash soap.
Related Further Reading:
- Do Cast Iron Skillets Need To Be Seasoned? (How To Figure Out?)
- Why Use A Wok Instead Of A Frying Pan? (5 Reasons)
- What Is A Wok Ring? (Does It Really Work?)
- Can Hot Pans Go On Quartz? (What To Do Instead?)
How To Clean Souvenir Spoons?
A majority of the people don’t take the process of cleaning the spoons as seriously as they should.
Some people just wash the spoons with water before using them.
However, this can be incredibly unsafe and unhygienic. You should clean and sterilize the souvenir spoons properly so that all infections can be avoided.
The process of sterilizing the souvenir spoon is as follows:
- The first thing that you need to do is prep the spoon for the cleaning process. For that, you will need a bucket of hot water, some dish wash soap, a scrubber, and a clean tub.
- In the second step, you need to take the dish wash soap, pour a drop on the scrubber, and start cleaning the spoons one by one.
- Once you are finished cleaning the spoons, you have to clean out all the soap from the spoons by dropping them in the hot water.
- Then, you need to take out the spoons from the water, rub them with a clean cloth, and put them in the clean tub.
Related Further Reading:
- Do Anodized Pans Have Teflon? (Is Anodized Cookware Safe?)
- Do Ceramic Pans Stick? (How To Make Them Non-Stick Again?)
Are Souvenir Spoons Worth Anything?
As we all know that souvenir spoons are usually used for decoration or as a token of appreciation.
The souvenir spoons are made up of sterling silver, and the royal designs carved on them make them precious and expensive.
As per the market data, a teaspoon costs more than a demitasse spoon, whereas a sterling silver spoon costs more than a plate.
Interesting Further Reading:
- Do Stainless Steel Pans Discolor? (Is It Normal + How To Clean)
- Do Chefs Use Pressure Cookers? (3 Reason Why They Don’t)
- Can You Use Pans On A Grill? (Which Pans Can You Use?)
Where To Sell Spoon Collection?
There are various online platforms where you can sell your beautiful and exclusive collection of souvenir spoons.
Moreover, you can also sell these spoons in your local market.
However, selling them on online platforms allows you to reach thousands of buyers without any geographical limitations.
Furthermore, an online platform can help you sell your collection at a specific price you want.
The online platforms on which you can sell your souvenir spoon collection are Amazon, eBay, and many more.
All you have to do is post the pictures and details of your souvenir spoon collection, add yourself as a seller on these online platforms, and get the price that you want.